According to the NAHB Model GREEN Home Building Guidelines, the following construction steps qualify for LEED points and assist the builder in constructing a LEED certified home:
- Install an enhanced waterproofing system: 7 points
- Install a perimeter drain system: 7 points
- Slope the backfill to divert water away from the structure (6" in 10'): 7 points
- Install a gutter and downspout system: 6 points
- Use recycled content building materials (strip drain, sheet drain and fiberglass insulation) 3 points
In theory, a waterproofing application as per our installation guidelines will produce 30 points towards LEED certification.
LEED®, Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design®, and Green Building Rating System® are registered trademarks of The U.S. Green Building Council.